Saturday, October 2, 2010

Worst Day Ever

2010 has been a huge year for me, full of ups and downs........... had a baby, got married, turned 30 and found out I've got cancer, yup!!!  So, yesterday I found out that I've got breast cancer.  Don't know how bad yet but thats what I've got.  Kinda knew it was coming but shocked all the same.
Will backtrack a bit to fill in the gaps....
Had a baby in January and breastfed for about 5 weeks.  Found a lump in my right breast around May and went to the doctor to get it checked out.  Was sent to the hospital for an appointment and from that I had to get an ultrasound.  Had to wait a couple of months to get the ultrasound done between work and stuff and went on Wednesday 29th September to get it done.  While having the ultrasound the doctor said that I'd have to come up in about 10 days for results.  Then she said that she had spotted something and that I was to have a mammogram and biopsy.  Had those done and she had the sample brought up to the lab before I had even gotten up off the table so I kinda thought there was something wrong.  While I was getting dressed the doctor came in and told me she wanted me up 2 days later for the results of the biopsy and that I was to bring somebody with me..........  *****Alarm Bells!!******
Went to work on the Thursday, mainly to keep myself distracted.
I won't forget Friday 1st October in a hurry anyway!!
My husband came to the hospital with me yesterday morning for the results and in the back of both our minds I think we knew what was coming.  I have to have bone scans and stuff done in a few days to determine exactly how bad it all is but I'm looking at a mastectomy in about 3 weeks time and after that I just don't know.  Decided to start this blog as a way to keep track of it all, for myself if not anyone else!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that must have been the most scary day ever. I can't even begin to imagine what it must of been like. You are so courageous! xx

    ReplyDelete